Dear User: Carlo Mariotti Inc. has utmost respect for its users’ privacy. The data that may be provided through the website will be processed with utmost care and using the means necessary to ensure their security in full compliance with the regulations in force concerning data privacy protection. We would like to inform you that the “European Regulations 2016/679 related to the protection of individuals in the Processing of Personal Data, as well as the free circulation of said data” (henceforth referred to as the “GDPR”) calls for the protection of individuals regarding the protection of their personal data as a fundamental value. Pursuant to article 13 of the GDPR, therefore, we would like to inform you that:
- CATEGORIES OF DATA: the following categories of your personal data may be subjected to the data processing:
- Data collected automatically. The IT systems and apps used to operate this website detect, during the course of their normal operation, data (whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols) that are potentially associated to identifiable users. The data collected include the IP addresses and domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the method used to submit a request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code that specifies the status of the response provided by the server (success, error etc.) and other parameters concerning the operating system, the browser and IT environment used by the user, name of the Internet service provider (ISP), date and time of visit, visitor's website of origin (referral) and when the visitor left the page.
- Plug-ins. This website also makes use of plug-ins, in order to allow easy sharing of contents. These plug-ins are programmed in such a way not to set any page access cookies in order to safeguard the privacy of users.
- DATA CONTROLLER: The data controller is Carlo Mariotti Inc. Via Tiburtina 287 00011 Tivoli Terme (Roma) - Italy
- SOURCE OF THE PERSONAL DATA: The personal data in possession of the Data Controller are collected directly from the interested party.
- DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING: Your data processing has the following as its purposes and legal basis:
- For data collected automatically, the legal basis it the legitimate interest of the Data Controller and the purpose is to ensure and improve the web browsing experience.
- DATA RECIPIENTS: Within the limits pertaining to the purposes of the data processing specified above, your data may be communicated to partners, consulting companies, private corporations and technical service providers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies and so on.
- TRANSFER OF DATA TOWARDS AN EXTRA-EUROPEAN COUNTRY: The transfer of your data towards an extra-European country is not planned. This website may share some of the data collected with service providers located outside the EU. In particular this happens through the Google Analytics service. The transfer is authorised and strictly regulated by article 45, paragraph 1 of the EU Regulations 2016/679, for which no specific authorisations are required.
- STORAGE PERIOD: Based on the storage limitation period (art. 5 of the GDPR), a check regarding whether or not that the data stored for the purposes for which they were collected have become outdated is performed regularly. In particular:
- The data collected automatically are processed solely for the time strictly necessary to obtain statistical data regarding the use of the website and to check its proper operation even in terms of security or based on deadlines established by the law.
- The data voluntarily provided by the user will be stored for a period not exceeding the time required to pursue the purposes for which they are processed or based on the deadlines established by the law.
- RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY: The interested party has always the right to request access to your data, the correction or erasure of said data, the data processing limitation or the possibility to oppose the processing, to request the portability of the data and to revoke consent to the data processing by exercising these and other rights established by the GDPR by simply sending a notification to the Data Controller. The interested party may also file a complaint to any Supervisory Authority.
- MANDATORY OR OPTIONAL CONSENT: The provision of your data is mandatory during navigation of our website concerning points D.1 and D.2 of the aforementioned purposes to allow the correct provision of the service. Provision of consent for your data regarding point D.3, instead, is optional and it shall not impact in any way the provision of the service.
- DATA PROCESSING METHOD: The personal data you provide shall be processed in full compliance with the aforementioned regulations and the confidentiality obligations to which the Data Controller activity is associated. The data will be processed through IT means, both on paper or on any other suitable media, in compliance with the appropriate security measures pursuant to art. 5 paragraph 1 letter F of the GDPR.
WHAT ARE COOKIES? Cookies are small text files submitted from the website to the computer of the interested party (usually to the browser), where they are stored to then be sent to the website at the time of the next visit by the same user. A cookie may not access any data from the user's hard drive nor send digital viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the web browser of the user. Some of the cookie functions may be performed using other technologies. In this document, the term "cookie" refers both to the actual cookies and to all the similar technologies.
Through cookies it is possible to record information related to your preferences, such as webpages browsed or files downloaded from our website or other similar actions performed by browsing our website.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES Cookies may be first party or third party cookies where "first party" cookies mean those cookies developed by the owner of the website and "third party" cookies mean those cookies developed by Third Parties other than the Owner of the website.
TYPE OF COOKIES There are several types of cookies, as follows:
Technical cookies Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of "performing the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary to a company's service provider of an information explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide said service "(see art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are typically installed directly by the owner or manager of the website. They can be subdivided into:
- Browsing or session cookies that guarantee the normal navigation and operation of the website (allowing, for example, to perform a purchase or authenticate a login to access restricted areas); these cookies are necessary for the correct operation of the website;
- Analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the website manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website in order to improve website performance;
- Functional cookies that allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided. For the installation of said cookies there is no need to acquire consent from the users (see the section Cookie Management later on).
Profile Cookies Profile cookies create user profiles and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user when browsing online.
For the use of profile cookies user's consent is required. According to the provision No. 229 dated 8 May 2014, the user must authorise or non-authorise the installation of profiling cookies whenever they are present.
In the case of third party cookies, the website does not have direct control over the individual cookies and cannot control them (it cannot install them directly or erase them). However, you may manage these cookies through your web browser settings (see the instructions provided below), or through the websites specified in the "Cookie Management" section.
Therefore, the user is encouraged to check on the third party website specified below.
COOKIE DURATION Cookies last based on their expiry date (or based on a specific action, such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session cookies: they are used to store temporary information. They allow connecting the actions performed during a specific session and they are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- persistent cookies: they are used to store information, for example login username and password, avoiding the user to have to enter them each time he/she visits a specific website. These remain stored in the computer even after closing the browser.
The so-called session cookies, once the connection to this website is ended, are not stored. The IT systems used for this website use temporary cookies and persistent cookies.
COOKIE MANAGEMENT You can disable the cookies present on websites by downloading specific software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of each cookie. Alternatively, you may enable the "Incognito Browsing" option – a function that allows navigating without leaving a trace of the browsing data in the browser. This function allows solely not to store the navigation data in the browser.
Otherwise, you may disable/erase the cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser.
ACCEPTING AND NON ACCEPTING COOKIES